Raspberry Pi RP2040 powers inch-sized TinyTV display
They’re made – as you’ll be able to see within the video under – by Tiny Circuits. They had been on KickStarter, efficiently ($227,780 raised from 2,403 backers), and have now moved in direction of manufacturing.
And sure, they are going to be totally useful. You possibly can alter the amount and alter between “channels”, both by turning the knobs on the TinyTV 2, or prime buttons on the TinyTV Mini, or by utilizing the Tiny Distant management. Exactly, the set measures 47.6mm x 36.6mm x 25.9mm, and the one-inch show helps 216×135 pixel shows.
It comes totally pre-assembled and pre-loaded with some movies, so you’ll be able to simply flip it on and begin watching. However apparently you can even load your personal movies through USB-C, or stream movies from a linked pc over USB.
On the coronary heart of the system, in addition to the Raspberry Pi RP2040 processor, is a built-in 8GB microSD card, which might retailer roughly 40 hours of video.
When it comes to the look, two variations of the units can be found: a “basic” TV color or clear plastic. Try the video under to see the items in motion and study a bit extra about Tiny Circuits.
It’s the TinyTV 2, to be exact, being the second iteration design.
The historical past for that is that three years in the past they got here out with the TinyTV DIY Equipment, priced at $75 and designed to be a enjoyable venture equipment to make your personal small TV set. Being certainly one of their hottest merchandise for years, they determined to refine it – greater display decision, rotary knobs, distant management help and USB-C.
(Word to self, for up to date Gadget Grasp Scale – they discuss with the TinyTV Mini as being grape sized! It’s additionally “barely bigger than a US Quarter”.)
TinyTV 2 specification
- Dimensions: 47.6mm x 36.6mm x 25.9mm (1.9″ x 1.4″ x 1.0″)
- Show: IPS TFT 65K Coloration, 26mm (1.0″), 216×135 pixels
- Battery: Li-Polymer 3.7V, 150mAh, about 2 hours of video playback
- Storage: In-built 8GB, about 10 hours of video playback
- Audio: 16x9mm (0.6″ x 0.4″) entrance dealing with speaker
- Inputs: Energy Button, 2 rotary knobs for channel and quantity management
- Distant: Could be managed by an Infrared (IR) distant management
- Processor: Raspberry Pi RP2040 Processor
- Connectivity: USB-C for importing and battery charging
Because of the Raspberry Pi staff for highlighting this one. It’s the right Gadget Grasp put up, actually – Raspberry Pi, a TV, and KickStarter, multi function…
See additionally: A 3d printed stand for Raspberry Pi and an SSD